Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't Worry About A Thing...Every Little Thing Is Gonna Be Alright!

Hey Readers,

I finished my Bible study (the book of Esther) about an hour ago, then I was just flipping through my Bible and then stopped on Jeremiah 17 and my eyes kind of scrolled down to the 7th and 8th verses which says:
(In King James Version) "Blessed be the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. (verse 8) For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

And in New Living translation says "Blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. (Verse 8) They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green and they go right on producing delicious fruit."

I stopped and re-read those verses over and over and then I realized what God was saying to me. NO MATTER WHAT is going on, just Trust in the LORD and everything is going to be alright!
Can you imagine how hard that can be? Imagine being sent eviction or foreclosure letters, not having enough money to get your next meal; family, friends and loved ones saying "see ya!" And still having a smile on your face saying "God I Trust you!" ???!!! The easier/natural and more human thing to do, might be to break down crying screaming "I give up!" or "I don't know what the [insert obscenities here] I'm going to do!"
BUT...remember Who made the Heavens and the Earth, who keeps the sun from crashing into the us, whose words alone can calm a storm! Why wouldn't He come to our rescue and save us from our little problems?? Yes, I said little, because compared to everything mentioned before, our problems are little, tiny, minute!
He make sure to provide for the animals, one way or the other, so WHY would he not do the same for us, who he loves and cares more for?
I hope this scripture verse encourages you as much as it encouraged me!!!

~God Bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment