Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Book Review: Faking Grace by Tamara Leigh

Hello Readers,

I love reading. Not any 'ole book will have me spending hours flipping through it's pages. But when I do find a good book I like...I can spend all day reading.

About 2 years ago, I decided that I'm going to read every summer. It doesn't have to be anything school related or anything in particular; as long as I'm reading.

Since my summer vacation began, I've read approximately 4 novels. Three of which were Christian, romance novels. Yes, I love reading about romance. Not ''romance'' like one-night stands and other crap like that...but real love. I find it so beautiful.

Anyway, back to the book review!

Faking Grace by Tamara Leigh

This book is about a woman named Maizy Grace Stewart. Having been laid off from her previous Job, she seeks another. She comes across a Christian publishing company. Perfect right? No. They only hire Christians...which Maizy is not.

Maizy decides that she's going to fake it to get hired. So she gets all Christian-ed up. She has 'the look' of a Christian. Dress code, car decorations, speech...

Although her facade got her hired, as a result of all the drama going on in her life she has some decisions to make (I don't want to give away the whole story) and she learns that being a Christian isn't something that one outwardly shows...it's the working of God from the inside out.


If there's anything this book brought to my attention, it's that...being a Christian isn't an outward thing. It's something on the inside. Anyone can dress, speak and carry them self as a Christian, but only God knows your heart.





I am not a book critic or book reviewer but I like to read, comment on and recommend books that puts a smile on my face. I think that this is a book worth checking out. :)
I thank Christian authors like Tamara Leigh for giving Christian like me something that's fun and entertaining as well as spirit-lifting as apposed to trashy literature out there.


~God Bless! :)


Photo Credit: http://www.artsjournal.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment