Friday, November 12, 2010

Just A Slap On The Wrist?

We all mess up. Christians, non-believers, those on the fence -- no matter where we are in our relationship with God, we, at some point or another, disappoint Him as well as ourselves.

I sometimes seem to got through cycles where I would slip up, give myself a slap on the wrist and pray a forgiveness prayer. Then a few weeks or months later, the whole thing happens again.
I get frustrated with myself, so I can't imagine how God feels.

I have realized that 'a slap on the wrist' isn't good enough. I need to stop telling myself that I need to grow closer to God and actually do it: get into some serious fasting and prayer to press thought the struggles, temptations and trials.

As long as we live on earth we will stumble and sometimes fall. However, God gives us the strength to get up and walk over the obstacles in our way instead of tripping over them again and again.
We need to get serious about our walk with God --a slap on the wrist, just isn't gonna cut it.

~God Bless! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment