Friday, December 3, 2010

When Did A Christmas Tree Become A "Holiday Tree"?

I opened my Internet browser to Yahoo's homepage and I saw the 'news' headline about Holiday trees.

I understand that everyone wants to be religiously 'open', but I don't understand calling a Christmas tree a Holiday tree. It is a Christmas tree! Why should people of other religions be offended by that??

I remember the days, now long gone, when It was alright for teachers to say "Merry Christmas" and it was alright to have the word "Christmas" in commercials.

If one's not a Christian and don't believe in/celebrate Christmas, then ignore it, don't try to get rid of it!

I never see the cross, which is a Christian symbol, in public places, but I have seen many Menorahs in public places. It seems just a little ridiculous to me.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree. it seems using the word christmas nowadays is out of the question. if you dont belive in the holiday, dont celebrate and just ignore it.

    ReplyDelete