Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Matthew to Revelation In Jan To Dec: Matthew 1

Hey Guys,

Like I brifely mentioned in a previous post, I will (along with my church) will be reading the New Testament, Matthew to Relevation this year.

I started January 1 and I finished the book of Matthew on the 24th, but I will be going over each chapter again and writing what I got or understood from each Chapter.

My brief understanding of Matthew 1:
- Matthew 1 starts off with the Lineage of Jesus Christ. It starts with Abraham who had Isaac and goes all the way down to Jacob who had Joseph, who became Mary's (Jesus' mother) husband.

- When Joseph heard that Mary was pregnant, he thought that she had been unfaithful and wanted to leave her. It wasn't until an angel of the Lord came and told him that Mary was pregnant with a child of the Holy Spirit and that His name will be called Jesus!

I could only imagine how Joseph was feeling around this time. First he finds out that his fiancee` was pregnant and it sure wasn't by him! And then to be told that it was a child of the Holy Spirit! That's a lot to take in.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment